The Waterbird Society is composed of biologists, researchers, conservationists, students, and others interested in the behavior, ecology, and conservation of waterbirds. The organization is administered by four officers and nine council members elected from the Society’s membership, which includes people from 31 countries. The Society is a member of the Ornithological Societies of North America (OSNA) and a contributing member of many other scientific societies worldwide, including American Bird Conservancy and The Ornithological Council.
- Meetings linking to this organization: Waterbird Society 37th Annual Meeting and International Wader Study Group Conference
- Waterbirds 2015: Challenges and Responses
- Waterbird Society 40th Anniversary Meeting
- 40th Annual Meeting of the Waterbird Society
- 41st Annual Meeting of the Waterbird Society - Iceland
- Grants linking to this organization: Nisbet Research Award
- Kushlan Research Award in Ciconiiform Biology and Conservation