- The scholarship will be restricted to an undergraduate student in his/her junior year at a South Dakota college or university.
- The student must be pursuing a major in biology with particular interest, in order of priority, in ornithology, ecology, wildlife management, biological education, medical practice, or medical research.
- The scholarship award must be utilized as tuition during the student’s senior academic year.
- The student should have a high academic grade-point average and demonstrate a strong interest in one of the major areas of study mentioned above.
- The department or appropriate departmental committee or major professor will select a worthy nominee, using the guidelines mentioned above.
- The department will submit the nomination with the following supporting information: the nominee’s major area of study, his/her academic and personal worthiness, probable date for completion of academic degree, permanent residence address, temporary school address and e-mail address.
- The nominating letter should be signed by the department head and the nominating professor or advisor. If the department head is the nominee’s professor or advisor, the second signature should be another senior professor in the department.
- Nominations must be received no later than the deadline date. The scholarship winner will be notified within a month. A check will be mailed after the start of the academic year to the winning student.
Mary E. Baylor Memorial Scholarship