In a commitment to promote higher education in the natural resources area in South Carolina, the Board of Directors of the Hampton Fund in 1992 established the scholarship program. This scholarship consists of a $2,500 scholarship awarded annually to a S.C. resident student to attend an institution of higher learning in the state with a major area of study in wildlife, fisheries, forestry, biology, zoology, marine science, environmental science or related fields. Applicants are thoroughly screened, interviewed and a winner selected through a comprehensive process established by the Board of Directors.
• This fund consists of $2,500 annually, for up to four (4) consecutive years, to help a student further their education in the natural resources discipline.
• The applicant must be a full time resident of South Carolina and a senior in a public or private high school in South Carolina.
• The recipient must attend an institution of higher learning in South Carolina.
• The recipient must have a major in the natural resources discipline such as: wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry, marine science or environmental science to qualify.
(NOTE: General biology, pre-medical biology and veterinary science are NOT eligible for this scholarship.)
• Payment will be made to the same person for four (4) consecutive years of college related to a major in the natural resources discipline.
• The recipient must maintain a GPR of 2.5 or above for a given academic year to receive funds for the following year. If the GPR falls below the 2.5 average for any academic year, the student will not receive any further funds, and a new recipient will be sought.
• Return both pages of the completed application, essay/autobiography, transcript of high school grades, college board scores, rank in high school class and a recent photograph no later than January 31 to
HAMPTON FUND SCHOLARSHIPS
Post Office 2641
Columbia, SC 29202
Edited by Melanie Colón