The North Sea Bird Club was formed in 1979 as the result of the efforts of a few individuals in the oil industry and Aberdeen University, who saw a unique opportunity to obtain long-term data from offshore on birds and other wildlife.
The stated aims of the Club are to:
- Provide a recreational pursuit for people employed offshore
- Obtain, collate and analyse observations of all birds seen offshore
- Produce reports of observations, including an annual report
- Promote the collection of data on other wildlife offshore
Currently we hold in excess of 120,000 records of birds, cetaceans and insects reported since 1979.
- Serials linking to this organization: The Fulmar