The Neotropical Bird Club (UK registered charity 1040130) was established to:
- foster an interest in the birds of the Neotropics amongst birdwatchers throughout the world
- increase awareness of the importance of support for conservation in the region
- mobilise the increasing number of enthusiastic birdwatchers active in the region to contribute to the conservation of Neotropical birds
- provide a forum for the publication of articles and notes about Neotropical birds, their identification and conservation, and thus enhance information exchange in this subject area
- channel efforts towards priority species and sites, drawing attention to conservation needs
- publicise the activities of local groups and individuals, and improve their liaison and collaboration with other birdwatchers.
What region does the Club cover?
- Mainland South America
- Middle America from Mexico to Panama
- the Caribbean islands
- all offshore islands associated with these areas.
We publish the journal Cotinga and the birding magazine Neotropical Birding. Our Conservation Fund furthers the conservation of Neotropical birds by providing financial support to the region's researchers.
- Grants linking to this organization: NBC Conservation Fund