The Migratory Landbirds Study Group (MLSG) – a concept launched at the 2013 conference of the European Ornithologists Union – is a new initiative with links to the African-Eurasian Migratory Landbirds Action Plan (AEMLAP).
The groups aims are to:
- Maintain contact between both amateurs and professionals studying migratory landbirds;
- Help organise international co-operative studies;
- Provide a vehicle for exchange of information on migratory landbirds and their biology;
- Promote scientific capacity building throughout the flyway (especially in Africa).
Additionally, by building on existing linkages with the CMS and AEMLAP, the MLSG will support a conservation-based research agenda, including through facilitation of collaborative and interdisciplinary studies across the Africa-Eurasia flyway.
- Meetings linking to this organization: MLSG Inaugural Meeting