The Avian Knowledge Alliance (AKA) is an international group of organizations dedicated to amassing, archiving, and communicating knowledge gained from the study of birds. The AKA brings together the unique capacities and roles of non-government organizations (NGOs) with broad participation from government agencies, academic institutions and others. Together, these organizations provide the following:
- Extensive involvement in ongoing monitoring of bird populations, including vital rates, using coordinated protocols, and sampling designs;
- Sophisticated shared data management infrastructure;
- Experience in data analysis and the design of Decision Support Tools;
- Information flow within the context of Strategic Conservation;
- Demonstrated improvements in efficiency and reductions in redundancy of efforts; and
- Commitment to the 10 principles of NABCI’s Opportunities for Improving Avian Monitoring and The Northeast Bird Monitoring Handbook.
To join or follow their efforts, visit their new interactive website today: http://avianknowledg...iance.ning.com/
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.