The SFO Vision Statement below represents the initial efforts to plan the Society for Ornithology. The document was prepared over the past year by senior ornithologists from across North America. It will now be used by a new committee comprised of 4 representatives from each of the ornithological societies in the Americas interested in helping further plan SFO.
Between now and the NAOC in August 2012, the following will occur:
- The original committee to form the SFO will disband in a few weeks.
- A new set of SFO planning committees will be formed, comprised of 4 representatives from each society interested in further exploring the SFO’s structure.
- Societies have until 15 April to decide if they want to participate in this next round of planning.
- There will be a final planning document ready to present to all attending the NAOC.
- We will have a special session to listen to comments and provide feedback about the plan at the NAOC.
This is an exciting time for ornithology, and the ongoing SFO plans show much promise for a strong future for ornithology in the Americas. We look forward to hearing from you on the forums listed below or please contact your society president.
To share your thoughts with your society officers, consider commenting in one of these ongoing threads:
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.