Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'calibration'.
Hi, I’m using FlightR 0.4.7 to analyse geolocation from Arctic-nesting birds. Because my study site is located above the Arctic circle, I did a rooftop calibration in the “south” prior to the field season. This works well and the make.calibration function gives good estimates. > Calibration.periods<-data.frame( + calibration.start=as.POSIXct("2016-05-07"), + calibration.stop=as.POSIXct("2016-05-17"), + lon=-68.21627, lat=48.57245) > print(Calibration.periods) calibration.start calibration.stop lon lat 1 2016-05-07 2016-05-17 -68.21627 48.
I have a number of tags that stopped working (at an unknown location) at some point, before the bird returned and the tag was retrieved. I have changed the Calibration.periods as follows: > Calibration.periods<-data.frame( + calibration.start=as.POSIXct(NA), # start of the second calibration period + calibration.stop=as.POSIXct(c("2013-08-05", NA)), # end of the first calibration period + lon=-4.37, lat=58.38) > print(Calibration.periods) calibration.start calibration.stop lon lat 1 <NA> 2013-08-05 -4.37 58.38 2 <NA> <NA> -4.37 58.38 and removed the model
I am using FLightR (ver.0.4.5) to process light-level data from Migrate Technology GLS deployed on burrow nesting seabirds. Most GLS were deployed directly on the birds with no calibration period on the island where they nest. However, I kept a subset of different GLS near to the location where GLS were deployed on birds (i.e. within 20 km) in an open location, without artificial light and without any foliage shading, for 1 week. Of course, we know the location of the burrows, and those coordinates could be used as a calibration location, but the problem is that these birds go long dis