Oriental Bird Club, UK registered charity 297242, is for birders and ornithologists around the world who are interested in birds of the Oriental region and their conservation.
Oriental Bird Club aims:
- to encourage an interest in wild birds of the Oriental region and their conservation
- to promote the work of regional bird and nature societies
- to collate and publish information on Oriental birds.
Where is the Oriental region?
Oriental Bird Club is concerned with the region bounded by:
- the Indus river, Pakistan in the west through India and south-east Asia
- the Wallacea line, East Indonesia in the east, and from
- Mongolia, north-east Russia (E of 90°E) and Japan in the north
- the Lesser Sundas and Christmas Island in the south.