ABSA is an Association incorporated in NSW. It has over 250 private and 70 corporate and institutional members, and membership is open to any person or group that supports the objectives of the Association.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
- To support, encourage and promote the study of Australian birds and to contribute to their conservation.
- To establish and maintain a gift fund called the Australian Bird Study Association Fund for Avian Research, in accordance with subsection 78(4) of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936; for the specific purpose of assisting with the publication of information, the provision of education or the carrying out of research into various aspects of the avifauna of Australia.
- Organizations linking to this organization: Bird Banders Association of Australia
- Serials linking to this organization: Corella
- Grants linking to this organization: ABSA Fund for Avian Research