The Asian Raptor Research & Conservation Network was established in December 1998, during the first Symposium of Asian Raptor Research & Conservation (ARRC) in Shiga, Japan.
The main objectives of the ARRCN are to:
- Exchange information concerning raptors among its members
- Compile a database on raptors, especially on the status of resident Asian raptors
- Coordinate research on migratory species as well as widespread species and conduct training programmes
- Promote the value and conservation of raptors through education and public awareness and providing training to local residents on raptor research
- Meetings linking to this organization: 8th Asian Raptor Research and Conservation Network Conference