The African Bird Club is a UK registered charity which is managed on a voluntary basis by a Council of trustees. The Club was formed in 1994 following a proposal by a number of people with a common interest in African ornithology.
The Club covers the ornithology of the following geographic region:
- Continental Africa
- Indian Ocean islands west of 80° East, e.g. Madagascar, Mascarene islands and Socotra
- Atlantic Ocean on or east of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, e.g. Tristan da Cunha group, Azores and Canaries.
The aims of the Club are to:
- provide a worldwide focus for African ornithology
- raise money to support conservation projects in Africa through the Conservation Fund
- encourage an interest in the conservation of the birds of the region
- liaise with and promote the work of existing regional societies
- publish a twice-yearly colour bulletin
- encourage observers to visit lesser known areas of the region, and search for and study globally threatened and near-threatened species.
Edited by Chris Merkord
- Serials linking to this organization: Bulletin of the African Bird Club
- Grants linking to this organization: ABC Conservation Awards
- ABC Expedition Award
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.