The UB ERI is looking for a bird banding volunteer to assist with conducting the field effort at three MoSI banding stations. The field season is from November 2022 to March 2023 and the volunteer will be required to assist at least 5 days per week at each station. The volunteer will be provided with food and lodging on days when banding are being conducted at the various MoSI station locations. On other days, all other expenses will need to be covered by the volunteer.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with ageing and sexing of North American migratory birds
- Experience working with resident bird species of Belize is a definite asset
- Demonstrated field skills including bird identification and handling
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours in the field
- GPS navigation and first aid safety
Kindly submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by October 26th, 2022.