Camp Habitat is a nature ecology day camp for youth ages 4-11. Campers learn about the natural history of Interior Alaska through an engaging outdoor education curriculum. They will explore Creamer's Field Migratory Waterfowl Refuge through themes that include plants, animals, birds, fish and human interactions with the environment. The Camp Instructors are responsible for the complete curriculum planning, leadership, and supervision for one group of 10-12 children per week. Groups range in age from 4 - 5 (pre-school) and 6 - 11 years old (day camp). Instructors develop, organize and implement developmentally appropriate, fun, and educational activities to facilitate children’s exploration and discovery of nature.
▪ $17-18/hour, DOE.
▪ No overtime, no health insurance, and no paid sick or vacation leave
▪ Payroll is completed on a monthly basis
▪ Please see table (right) for schedule.
▪ Enrolled in or graduate of college within the field of outdoor education, education, natural science, or a related field
▪ Sincere enjoyment and respect for children and nature
▪ Experience teaching and/or working with children
▪ Strong ability to plan ahead and facilitate a week’s activities
▪ General knowledge of ecological processes, Alaskan flora and fauna, basic outdoor skills, and sound environmental practices
▪ Flexibility, enthusiasm, and the desire and ability to make environmental education a fun, experiential journey of discovery
▪ Valid driver’s license
▪ Must pass a background check upon hire
▪ Participate in staff training sessions, and become familiar with Creamer’s Field Refuge
▪ Work as a team to communicate well with the Director, fellow staff, and volunteers
▪ Prepare lessons based on the Camp Habitat curriculum
▪ Attend and participate in staff meetings
▪ Assure a safe physical & psychologically supportive environment for all children
▪ Other duties as assigned by the Director
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and list of three references (with phone numbers and email addresses) to the Friends of Creamer's Field at PO Box 81065, Fairbanks, Alaska 99708, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off a Creamer’s Field Farmhouse at 1300 College Rd. If emailed, all materials should be sent in a pdf format.
For more information call or email the Camp Habitat Director at (907) 888 7304 or email@example.com
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.