Essential Work Tasks:
- Modify and deliver all education programs as required under NH Audubon (NHA) and NH Fish and Game (NHFG) contract;
- Collaborate with NHFG staff and educators to identify elementary schools, plan program schedule with teachers and school administrators, and creatively adapt NHFG wildlife ecology programs to participating schools;
- Develop and facilitate engaging animal ecology and natural history lessons and activities in classroom settings and/or virtually, depending on the needs of the particular school, teacher, or class;
- As time and scheduling allow, teach similar programs at Beech Street School in early winter 2021; and Peregrine Falcon programs at Hooksett Memorial School during 2021 Peregrine Falcon nesting season (Feb – June 2021); collaborate with NHA staff to plan and deliver programs as necessary.
- Document all communications and work tasks throughout employment in order to clearly communicate successes and ways to improve programming via interim and final reports for respective project funders.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
High School graduate or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in education or natural sciences preferred.
Demonstrated ability to make independent and coordinated decisions. Lesson planning and content delivery within the natural sciences for elementary-middle school ages is preferred. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
Skills, Traits, and Characteristics Necessary for Success:
Requires exceptional interpersonal skills, attention to detail, good problem solving skills, solid communication skills and a high degree of organization. Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, ability to work independently, and a professional and courteous manner. As most lessons will be facilitated remotely with students, a familiarity with or the ability to learn how to use online learning platforms such as Zoom, Google Classroom, Skype, etc. is required.
To perform the essential functions of the position, the following applies: requires standing, stretching, bending, walking, lifting and transporting a minimum of 25 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs as well as be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.