Position Description: Three full-time seasonal biologists needed to monitor and manage endangered Least Terns, Piping Plovers, and other coastal birds on beaches in Southern Maine during the 2021 field season.
Duties include: Locating nests, erecting fencing, tracking nest success and fledglings, conducting educational outreach programs, monitoring predation, supervising project interns and volunteers, and negotiating and implementing management agreements with both private and public landowners.
- Bachelor’s degree in wildlife or related field required
- Excellent observational skills
- Effective, engaging, and diplomatic communicator both verbally and in writing
- Experience working in the field with birds preferred
- Able to walk extensively on soft substrates (sand beaches)
- Able to lift and carry heavy equipment of 50 pounds or more
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors on beaches in all weather conditions
- Clean driving record for last 5 years
Details: All positions run full-time from approximately mid-April through early-mid-August. For candidates interested, additional part time work (8-10 hrs/week) is available through October. Some weekend and evening work required. Stipend $612/week when full-time, prorated for part-time. EOE. Housing not available through Maine Audubon, although we can assist in finding options nearby.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with PPLT Biologist in the subject line.
Status: Applications reviewed starting February 5.