To safely execute Sharon Audubon Center’s Summer Nature Programs for children in K-6th grade, along with the Seasonal Educator and other Seasonal Camp Counselors. Each Summer Camp Counselor will be needed approximately 11-12 weeks over the course of the summer Monday through Friday, for an estimated 7-8 hours per day. Compensation is $15/hour, plus possible housing, if needed.
· Setting up and cleaning up each day’s activities, planning and executing each weeklong camp session for their individual small group of campers, including teaching discovery hikes, pond explorations, live animal programs, nature crafts and games, and other activities relating to summer camp.
· Maintain the safety of all campers during their time at Audubon Camp.
· Special attention is to be taken for following all Audubon, OEC and CDC guidelines for COVID-19 safety.
· Maintain positive working relationships with summer campers and their parents and/or guardians, as well as SAC staff and volunteers.
· Use of basic office equipment such as a photocopier, fax machine, telephones, digital camera and simple outdoor recreational equipment, such as pond nets, compasses, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Must work well with children and adults, show respect for all others, nature and the outdoors
· Enthusiastic about working, even in unfavorable weather conditions, pleasant, reliable and able to carry out simple assigned tasks.
· Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
· Strong work ethic, natural history background, self-motivation, on-going enthusiasm, attention to detail, commitment, flexibility, ability to work with sound judgment under pressure in changing situations, a desire to learn, excellent time management, and the ability to work well with others and with children.
· Counselors must show respect for others of all ages, race, gender, etc., as well as respect for nature and the outdoors
· Enthusiastic about working, even in unfavorable weather conditions, pleasant, reliable and able to carry out simple assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
· Must have a ride to and from the Audubon Center each day for work.
· Environmental Education experience and local natural history knowledge is preferred.
· Previous experience teaching in a camp setting preferred.
· Must be aware of COVID-19 guidelines and SAC safety procedures and the ability to enforce those safety precautions.
· Must have the ability to walk all major trails of the Sharon Audubon Center and on uneven terrain
· Must be able to run, sit, stand, grasp, lift, carry, walk, push, reach, climb and pull for short and extended periods of time.
· Able to work outdoors in the heat of summer.
To apply: All applications must be done online at https://careers-audubon.icims.com/jobs/5260/summer-camp-counselor/job Please include a cover letter with your application. No mailed, faxed, or email applications or resumes will be accepted. Deadline 5/1/23 or until filled.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.