2022 marks the 5th consecutive, full spring season of bird migration monitoring research at the West Skyline Spring Count in Duluth, MN! This is one of the premier spring bird migration sites in North America with record numbers of Bald and Golden Eagles, as well as other raptor species. Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory (HRBO) in Duluth, Minnesota is seeking one Spring Naturalist/Count Interpreter to help document and showcase the amazing spring bird migration at the West Skyline Spring Count. This is a seasonal, full-time position March 30 – May 31, 2022.
Providing interpretation and answering questions about raptor identification, natural history of birds, and the spring migration at the West Skyline Count sites
Assisting count staff with identification, counting, and data entry, as needed
Assisting education staff with teaching environmental education programs to groups (school, private and the general public)
Sharing information about the spring count via verbal and written reports
· Bachelor’s degree required for full-time position
· Demonstrated teaching experience (2+ years preferred)
· Knowledge of birds, especially raptors preferred
· Driver’s license and personal vehicle required
Essential Personal Characteristics
· Enthusiastic and passionate about teaching others
· Communicates respectfully and effectively with teachers, students, staff, volunteers, & visitors of all ages
· Flexibility in work hours on weekends and possibly some evenings
· Ability to work independently
Compensation: Hourly pay at $13/hour; lodging provided, if needed/available
If you wish to apply for the HRBO Spring Naturalist/Count Interpreter position, please submit your resume (required & email preferred), cover letter, 3 references and optional Affirmative Action form (click HERE) to: Janelle Long (email@example.com), Executive Director, and Margie Menzies (firstname.lastname@example.org), Education Director preferably by February 28, 2022. By mail: HRBO, P.O. Box 3006, Duluth, MN 55803. Note: Posting will remain open to apply to until filled.
Visit our website at www.hawkridge.org or call (218) 428-6209 with questions.