SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking Field Coordinators to support the Flagstaff, Arizona office’s Southwestern Willow Flycatcher studies located along the Lower Colorado River. These are temporary, hourly positions.
Start date is 1 May 2019 and is non-negotiable; end date is mid-July 2019.
Compensation and Schedule: $20.10 to $27.72 per hour, plus $4.18 per hour fringe benefit. Work schedule for each 2-week period is 80 hours on and then days off. Housing and vehicles provided. Mileage reimbursement is provided for work related use of personal vehicles. Positions will be filled as soon as a qualified applicants are identified.
Primary field duties will include conducting standardized early morning broadcast surveys, mapping and monitoring territories, re-sighting color banded flycatchers, and recording qualitative descriptions of vegetation and soil moisture conditions. Daily computer data entry required. Other responsibilities include coordinating field logistics, proofing data, data backup and other administrative tasks, and promoting compliance with SWCA's safety program.
- A minimum of two (2) field seasons of avian research
- Ability to work closely with other biologists, have full hearing and color vision
- Ability to stoop/crawl through dense vegetation and tolerance of hot temperatures, high humidity, and biting insects
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Current eligibility to work in the U.S
- A valid driver’s license
- Preferred prior experience in nest monitoring or spot mapping of open-cup passerines
- Preferred prior experience in broadcast surveys
- Preferred prior experience with willow flycatchers and identification of southwestern U.S. riparian birds
- Preferred prior experience using ATVs and towing a trailer
- Preferred prior experience in leading field crews
- Preferred prior experience in data management and electronic data collection, including use of tablets and Collector for ArcGIS
Qualified applicants should apply online at https://careers-swca.icims.com/jobs/10485/southwestern-willow-flycatcher-field-coordinators/job