Cafferata Consulting is currently looking to hire two Seasonal Wildlife Field Technicians for Spring and Summer 2023.
Applicants must have:
- 1 season of related field experience
- Good hearing and vision
- Clean and valid driver’s license
College degree in wildlife or a related field
Applicants must be:
- Committed and able to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Able to follow protocols strictly and collect accurate data
- Comfortable working alone in the forest especially at night
- Able to navigate with a map and compass and GPS
- Physically fit and able to hike off road in steep brushy conditions
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the weather and workload
- Able to work independently and communicate with crew leader and landowners
- Able to learn different owl vocalizations and learn to identify owls by their calls
- Able to travel on occasion and camp to conduct a few more remote surveys
- Previous experience working with wildlife (especially owls and murrelets) is desirable.
This is a full-time seasonal position starting in March and running through the end of August. Work hours for owl surveys are generally approximately 4-6 PM to 2-3 AM but employees will need to be flexible. This work will occur in various locations between Portland and Eugene, applicants should be located in either Corvallis or Eugene, OR.
Pay rate depends on experience.
Please apply by sending a resume with references (including email addresses) as an email attachment and indicate the date you would be available to start.
Cafferata Consulting: www.cafferataconsulting.com
Send resumes to Jessica@cafferataconsulting.com