Braddock Bay Raptor Research (BBRR) is offering one full-time and multiple part-time internships for the spring migration season. Information about BBRR can be found on our website at https://www.bbrr.org/
Intern Duties/Opportunities Include:
Raptor Banding –
• Assist with raptor banding operations, including lure bird care, station set up and maintenance, data collection, photo documentation
• Assist with trapping and banding raptors under the supervision of a licensed bird bander
• Assist with raptor banding data entry
• Assist with the raptor migration count by spotting and identifying raptors in flight
• Assist with data entry, both live on-site and at day’s end into the HawkCount database
• Learn proper raptor identification and count techniques
• Interpretation and education on site for public visitors and organized groups
• Lead or assist with programs on site including owl prowls, banding station tours, and organized field trips
• Possibility of outreach programming in the community and working with education raptors for this purpose
• Assist with Bird of Prey Days programming
• mid-March through mid-May; start and end dates flexible.
• Part-time - Minimum of 15-20 hours/week (for local, current students). Flexible scheduling.
• Full-time - Minimum of 30 hours/week (stipend and housing offered). Flexible scheduling but must be available some weekday and weekend hours.
• For full-time intern only - $200/week. Housing provided if not already living locally.
• Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Proper outerwear and footwear for cold weather is essential.
• Good communication skills and readiness to work with others.
• Must have own transportation.
• Optics in the form of binoculars (at least 8x) will be needed. Spotting scope is helpful as well, but not required. BBRR may be able to provide if needed
• Bird and raptor identification knowledge a plus. More training will be provided.
Interested candidates send letter of interest, resume and references to Daena Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2023.