THE POSITION: We have immediate openings for a seasonal on-call biologist. Duties include but are not limited to: conducting field studies (i.e. nesting bird surveys, special-status species surveys, and construction monitoring), as well as preparing a variety of reports/technical studies (i.e. wildlife survey reports, biological resources reports for compliance with CEQA/NEPA, biological assessments, and wildlife management plans). Applicants should have an academic background in biology or environmental science ( Bachelor’s degree at minimum), field experience, a general knowledge of California ecology, and experience in ecological consulting in California. Technical writing ability and good communication skills are a must. This position will sometimes require navigating rugged terrain safely and working alone in a variety of weather conditions. It may also require occasional overnight travel and weekend work.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Successful applicants should meet the following requirements:
· Experience identifying plant and wildlife species in the field
· A background in ecology or wildlife management and broad knowledge of the biology of California’s ecosystems
· The ability to prepare or assist with preparing CEQA/NEPA documents, biological assessments, wildlife inventories, and or vegetation inventories
· An aptitude for communicating verbally and in writing with clients, agencies, coworkers and management
· Good critical thinking/analytical skills
· Familiarity with state and federal environmental laws
· Experience with GPS/GIS and mapping software
· Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software
· Have a valid driving license with a clean record
Experience with bird identification, California tiger salamander, California red-legged frog, foothill yellow legged frog, burrowing owl and other listed species is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com