Northern Spotted Owl Technician Position
Natural Resources Management Corporation (NRM) is hiring field technicians to conduct northern spotted owl surveys in northern California. The position will be based out of Eureka, California.
· Employment is from March 1st through mid- to late August 2020 with potential for extension working on different projects with NRM depending on availability.
· Applicants must have at least one year of biological survey experience or have a bachelor’s degree in biology or wildlife. Preference to applicants with experience surveying northern spotted owls.
· The position involves a lot of night driving and operating and navigating ATVs on logging roads at night. ATV training will be provided; however, preference will be given to applicants with prior ATV experience.
· Work vehicle and ATV will be provided by NRM.
· Map and compass orienteering skills required.
· Ability to use and maintain handheld GPS units throughout the season.
· Applicants must have good hearing and vision.
· Applicants must be able to hike off-road in difficult terrain alone for multiple hours per day.
· Work schedule varies throughout the season and includes working days and nights. Weekend work may be required occasionally throughout the season to meet deadlines.
· Housing is not provided.
· Pay is dependent on experience.
Email cover letter, resume and 3 references to Ivonne Romero at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17, 2020.
Positions are open until filled.
Edited by Chris Merkord