We are looking for 2 individuals who are interested in assisting with field work associated with an ongoing M.S. project examining survival rates and resource selection of northern bobwhites on Apalachicola National Forest. The study site is located right outside of Tallahassee, Florida in the Munson Sandhills.
Job responsibilities include radio-tracking bobwhites via VHF telemetry, vegetation sampling, locating nests, assisting with data entry and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Applicants should be prepared to work in adverse weather conditions (heat, humidity, rain) and around biting insects. In addition, applicants should be comfortable with regular heavy lifting (~50 lbs) and a long, irregular work schedule (some weekend work may be required). We are seeking someone who is independent, but can also work well in a team-setting, motivated and possess a positive attitude.
1. Interested applicants should have a B.S. in wildlife or related field or working toward a B.S. degree
2. An interest in game bird ecology and management
3. Knowledge in Southeastern U.S. plant identification is preferred, but not required
4. Previous field work, telemetry and ATV is preferred, but not required
5. Individuals must have a CLEAN (no points on license) driver’s license and have a good driving record
6. Experience with data entry using Microsoft Excel
1. Free housing provided with utilities provided
2. Compensation: $230/week ($920/month)
Internship positions are 16 weeks in length. Start and end dates are somewhat flexible. Two openings are available for: April 6 – July 27 and May 4 – August 24. Applicants encouraged to apply early. Positions open until filled.
1. Submit a 1-page cover letter clearly stating your research interests, career goals, and hobbies, along with earliest and latest dates available to work.
2. Detailed resume with a minimum of three references (please indicate your relationship to each)
3. Combine all documents into a SINGLE PDF file titled “LastName_ANFQuailIntern2020” and email to email@example.com
Contact Person: Shelby Simons