Intern positions are 16 weeks in length with some flexibility on start and end dates. We will fill two positions with the following duration:
(1) April 1 – July 22
(1) May 1- August 21
The Game Bird Program at Tall Timbers Research Station is looking for individuals to assist with an ongoing northern bobwhite research project focusing on nest site selection, brood resource use, and chick survival.
Responsibilities include radio-telemetry (i.e., bobwhite tracking), daily monitoring of nests and broods, and assistance with bobwhite chick capture. Additional but not consistent duties include small mammal trapping, insect sampling and various other tasks assigned by supervisor
Work hours can be long (early mornings or late nights) and schedules may vary, some weekend work will be required. The individuals must be comfortable working in adverse conditions (hot, humid and buggy), comfortable with regular heavy lifting (up to ~50lbs), works well both independently and in a team, and possesses a positive attitude.
Applicants encouraged to apply early. Positions open until filled.
1) Have or working towards a B.S. in wildlife or related field
2) An interest in game bird ecology and management.
3) Previous field research and computer experience is preferred.
4) Individuals need a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
5) Experience with data entry using Microsoft products (e.g., Access and Excel) is preferred.
6) Experience operating ATV preferred
1) Free housing is available on site.
-Housing is located near field site with offices on the first floor and bedrooms on the second. Internet and TV are provided.
2) Compensation: $230/week ($920/month)
3) Starting Dates: April 1 – July 22 (Flexible)
May 1 – August 21 (Flexible)
4) Last Date to apply: Open until filled
To Apply: Please submit the following material via email :
1) Cover letter (1 page) clearly stating career goals, interest in game birds, hobbies, and earliest and latest dates available to work.
2) Detailed resume with a minimum of 3 references (please indicate your relationship to each)
**Electronic submissions/inquires only - Please submit applications in a SINGLE PDF document to Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject of the email that you are applying to the Bobwhite Internship.