Alaska BioMap, Inc. is recruiting one part-time, independent subcontractor to work as the Interim U.S. Sea Duck Joint Venture (SDJV) Coordinator with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS). The SDJV is a conservation partnership under the North American Waterfowl Management Plan with a mission to promote the conservation of all North American sea ducks through public-private partnerships by providing greater knowledge and understanding for effective management. The SDJV is structured to have both a U.S. and Canada coordinator, a Continental Technical Team (Team), and a Management Board (Board). The SDJV is administered through the FWS Alaska Region in Anchorage, Alaska.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills as well as extensive experience with waterfowl management and conservation, particularly with sea ducks. The selectee will attend to general coordination and communication functions of the SDJV in concert with the Canada SDJV Coordinator.
Period of Performance & Work Location
• ~72 part-time, flexible hours between August 15 and December 15, 2019
• Weekly hours expected to vary with the timing of activities of the SDJV
• This is a telework position, but it is anticipated that in-person meetings at the FWS Alaska Regional Office in Anchorage will take place approximately once per week for 1-2 hours.
• Travel to the annual meeting of the SDJV Continental Technical Team and Management Board in Victoria, British Columbia from November 11-15, 2019.
• Hourly rate commensurate with experience
• Costs of travel to meeting in Canada will be reimbursed
How to Apply
• Prepare a single PDF document that includes:
1) Cover letter (1 page maximum) that, at a minimum, addresses the position to which you are applying and your earliest available start date
2) Resume (4 page maximum) tailored specifically towards job-specific tasks and qualifications
3) References (2 minimum) who can provide a knowledgeable assessment of your job-related skills, experience, and performance; provide name, organization, relationship, phone number, and email
• Name the PDF in the format of Lastname-Firstname_Application_SDJV-2019
• Send the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with SDJV-2019 in the subject line
• Applications should be received no later than 9 AM AKDT, Thursday, 1 August for consideration
• For additional information, email email@example.com or call (907) 321-2908
Full announcement, complete with job description and qualifications, is available at https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A9a19b142-c207-4275-9801-479797724a24