We are currently seeking one Field Biologist to be located in the Sault Ste Marie area of Ontario, with occasional travel to project sites in southwestern Ontario. This position consists of an as-needed contract with hours dependent on work task requirements, with an expected start date of April 25th, continuing until September 30th, 2022, with possibility of extension.
The successful applicant will conduct biological field monitoring, primarily consisting of bird and bat mortality searches at operational wind energy facilities. This position will allow the biologist to gain valuable experience in visual bird and bat identification, as well as with data collection and analysis.
· Experience with visual identification of birds and bats and with the use of handheld GPS units and compass is preferred, however not mandatory;
· Ability to keep well-organized and detailed field notes;
· Ability to work cooperatively as part of a field team, as well as independently;
· Willingness to work potentially long hours under variable field conditions. Occasional work on statutory holidays may be required. Physical fitness is an important component of this position and candidates should be comfortable walking for several hours each day and on uneven terrain; and
· Good work ethic, dependability, excellent communication, and a positive attitude.
Position Type - Contract
Duration - April 25th – September 30th, 2022
Location - Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
Key Requirements - Valid driver’s license
Salary - $19-$23 per hour (commensurate on experience)
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Position: Field Biologist, Attn: Dorian Pomezanski
Interview Dates: To begin immediately. Any applications received after the initial interview process has begun will still be considered and kept on file if subsequent rounds of hiring or additional positions are needed.