Field Biologist (3 Positions) – London, and Grand Bend Area, ON
Natural Resource Solutions Inc. (NRSI) is an environmental consulting firm with offices in Waterloo, Ontario and Calgary, Alberta. Our staff consists of terrestrial, wetland, and aquatic biologists and ecologists with expertise in the identification and management of significant and sensitive natural species and their habitats. NRSI provides a range of services in the following areas:
· Vegetation & Wildlife Ecology
· Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
· Wetland Studies
· Naturalization & Ecological Restoration
· Renewable Energy Assessments
· Construction Environmental Monitoring
· Woodlot & Tree Studies
· Environmental Impact Assessment/Environmental Assessments
We are currently seeking three Field Biologists to be located in or near the London, and Grand Bend areas, with regular travel to nearby project sites. Each position consists of an as-needed contract anticipated to be approximately 40 hours per week but may vary depending on work task requirements, with an expected start date of April 25th, continuing until October 31st, 2022.
The successful applicants will conduct biological field monitoring, primarily consisting of bird and bat mortality searches at operational wind energy facilities. These positions will allow the biologists to gain valuable experience in visual bird and bat identification, as well as with data collection and analysis.
· Experience with visual identification of birds and bats and with the use of handheld GPS units and compass is preferred, however not mandatory;
· Ability to keep well-organized and detailed field notes;
· Ability to work cooperatively as part of a field team, as well as independently;
· Willingness to work potentially long hours under variable field conditions. Occasional work on statutory holidays will be required. Physical fitness is an important component of this position and candidates should be comfortable walking for several hours each day and on uneven terrain; and
· Good work ethic, dependability, excellent communication, and a positive attitude.
Position Type: Contract
Duration: April 25th – October 31st, 2022
Location: London or Grand Bend Area, Ontario
Key Requirements: Valid driver’s license; Standard First Aid and CPR certification
Salary: $19-$23 per hour (commensurate on experience)
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Position: Field Biologist, Attn: Meagan Beck
To begin April 4th. Any applications received after the initial interview process has begun will still be considered and kept on file if subsequent rounds of hiring or additional positions are needed.
Many of NRSI clients require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a valid need for legal accommodation to attend their sites and/or premises. Ability to work on projects for all NRSI clients is a mandatory condition of this contract.
NRSI will comply with its obligations under the Human Rights Code and will accommodate candidates who are legally entitled to accommodation.
It should be noted that the current COVID -19 outbreak and the provincial restrictions on work have changed the way NRSI conducts its work. Staff are able to work from home as well based on their own personal comfort level. NRSI has developed company wide and project-specific health and safety measures, according to government recommendations, in order to protect staff and the community during the COVID-19 pandemic, while allowing us to carry out essential work.