Natural Resource Solutions Inc. (NRSI) is an environmental consulting firm that focuses on technical excellence in the field of ecology. NRSI staff have experience working on a wide range of projects across Canada, including land developments, renewable energy, natural heritage planning, ecological restoration, and sensitive species assessments.
NRSI is currently seeking up to 2 Field Biologist positions based in the vicinity of Regina, Saskatchewan, with most of the anticipated work occurring near Assiniboia, SK and Swift Current, SK. Regular travel to project sites in southern Saskatchewan and/or Alberta will also be required. This opening is for full-time contract positions of up to 7 months, with a target start date of approximately March 28, 2022.
The successful applicant(s) will conduct biological field monitoring, primarily consisting of wildlife searches at operational wind energy facility(ies), and is also expected to include support to a variety of other wildlife monitoring and vegetation assessments throughout southern Saskatchewan. The position(s) will allow the successful candidate to gain experience in visual bird and bat identification, and to support a variety of biological surveys, including migratory bird, breeding bird and vegetation surveys, and in the implementation of scientific methods, as well as with data collection and analysis.
The successful candidates will meet the following minimum requirements:
· Good work ethic and dependability, excellent communication, ability to work independently, and a positive attitude;
· Willing to work long hours under variable field conditions (e.g., variable weather, insects, walking through tall vegetation). Occasional holiday and/or weekend work may be required.
· Physical fitness is an important component of this position and candidates should be comfortable walking for several hours each day, in variable weather conditions, and on uneven terrain;
· Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, and active problem-solving;
· Ability to keep well-organized and detailed field notes;
· Experience with identification of birds and/or bats is an asset, but not mandatory.
NRSI is an equal opportunity employer that provides employees with competitive salaries based on experience.
Position Type: Full-time contract
March 28, 2022 – October 31, 2022
Location: Regina, Assiniboia, or Swift Current, SK (and surrounding area)
Mandatory Requirements: Valid driver’s licence
Preferred Qualifications: Standard First Aid and CPR certification and use of a personal vehicle
Salary: $20-25/hour (commensurate on experience)
Submission Details: Please submit resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Field Biologist (Regina Area)”. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Interview Dates: Interviews will begin as suitable applications are received.