We are currently seeking a Field Biologist to be located in or near the Grand Bend area in Ontario, with regular travel to nearby project sites. The position consists of a full-time contract with an expected start date of April 29th, continuing until October 31st, 2020.
The successful applicant will conduct biological field monitoring, primarily consisting of bird and bat mortality searches at an operational wind energy facility. This position will allow the biologist to gain valuable experience in visual bird and bat identification, as well as with data collection and analysis.
• Experience with visual identification of birds and bats and with the use of handheld GPS units and compass is preferred, however not mandatory;
• Ability to keep well-organized and detailed field notes;
• Ability to work cooperatively as part of a field team, as well as independently;
• Willingness to work potentially long hours under variable field conditions (e.g., variable weather, mosquitoes/black flies). Occasional work on statutory holidays will be required. Physical fitness is an important component of this position and candidates should be comfortable walking for several hours each day and on uneven terrain; and
• Good work ethic, dependability, excellent communication, and a positive attitude.
Position type: full-time contract
Duration: April 29th – October 31st, 2020* *Although NRSI expects the work for this position will be conducted in 2020, there may be circumstances associated with COVID-19 that impact our ability to complete the work. NRSI will be accepting applications for the position, but please note there is a possibility the contract will not be awarded or could be delayed.
Location: Grand Bend, ON area
Key requirements: Valid driver’s license; Standard First Aid and CPR certification
Salary: $16-$20 per hour (commensurate on experience)
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview dates: To begin immediately. Any applications received after the initial interview process has begun will still be considered and kept on file if subsequent rounds of hiring or additional positions are needed.
Edited by jozaruk