We are seeking a seasonal field technician (~April 10th, 2023 – July 14, 2023) for a project to survey and monitor Cerulean Warblers and other forest bird species throughout managed landscapes in southeastern Ohio. Field work will consist of abundance surveys, spot mapping, and potentially assistance with banding and tagging of breeding birds. Applicants should be proficient with identification of eastern forest birds by sight, and especially, sound. The technician may also assist with data entry and vegetation sampling. Field work will be done throughout southeastern Ohio, based out of Vinton County. This position requires daily travel to various field sites.
• Ability to identify eastern songbirds by sight and sound
• Experience with abundance surveys
• Flexibility for adapting to changing conditions and schedules
• Willingness to work early mornings, long days, and weekends
• Comfortable working outdoors in varying weather including cold or wet conditions
• Ability to drive a state vehicle
Approximate Pay: $2,300 per month. Communal field housing located within general study area will be provided
Application Instructions: Please email cover letter with availability (start and end dates), CV, and contact information for three references (name, phone number, and email address) to Matthew Shumar at Shumar.firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2023. Please send all materials as one pdf with the subject line “Cerulean Warbler Field Technician 2023”.