The Bird Center of Michigan is a wildlife rehab that takes in over 1800 birds a year of over 85 species. We are looking for individuals to join our excellent team at the Bird Center of Michigan where we provide care for the rehabilitation and release of songbirds, waterfowl, and other avian species. The position for rehabilitation assistant would be working under the supervision of our Rehabilitation Supervisors and Managers. Training is onsite prior to full time work. Opportunity for extension of position into fall and winter based on availability and performance.
Title: Rehabilitation Assistant
Schedule: Full Time (35-40 hours/week)
Pay: $11hr with PTO accrual and holiday pay
Start date: As soon as possible
Providing medical treatments (including but not limited to):
- Prescribing and administering medications
- Administering physical therapy
- Applying and removing splints and wing wraps
- Wound dressing and cleaning
Providing general care (including but not limited to):
- Cleaning enclosures
- Monitoring weights
- Feeding birds
- Providing proper diet, enrichment, medications/treatments to many different ages, species, medical cases, etc.
- Observing and monitoring intensive care cases
Working with babies in the nursery:
- Feeding and caring for babies of all species on an intense schedule
- Identifying baby bird species
Working with the public:
- Answering phone calls and assist callers with the rescue and transport of injured and orphaned wildlife
- Educate the public on the species they are rescuing
- Educate the public on wildlife conservation, wildlife safety, and the importance of songbirds
- Maintain detailed records and utilize computer database to enter medications, locations, weights, and new intakes
Maintain daily record of clinic happenings
- At least 18 years of age
- Previous animal experience required, bird and/or wildlife experience preferred but NOT required
- Able to start by latest Mid April for training
- A team player - must work well with others in a fast paced work environment
- Detail oriented - we keep very detailed records of our cases
Ready to learn about songbirds, wildlife rehabilitation and Michigan’s natural history.
To apply: FIll out the application attached below and send the application along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.