Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for a dynamic individual who is following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
We are seeking resumes from qualified individuals for the position of Avian Field Technician. The upcoming projects are located in Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, and/or Oklahoma. This position includes hiking in all seasons and conditions. These are temporary, seasonal positions with an hourly pay rate and may have the potential for additional work to follow.
* Conduct surveys and collection of field data concerning raptors and other avian species.
* Assist Project Manager and Senior Avian Ecologist.
* Record data on field site forms or on a digital tablet.
* Upload field data to backup servers at the end of each day.
* Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools to determine exact locations of project areas, habitat types, and associated landforms.
* May conduct biological data/literature searches and reviews
* Operate SWCA vehicles, and assures they will perform safely. Notify appropriate person if vehicle needs maintenance.
* Drive ATVs on 4wd roads to field site.
* Photograph appropriate habitat, species, and landforms.
* Minimum of B.A. or B.S. in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or a related field.
* Excellent knowledge of western raptors, eagles, and other avian species.
* Knowledge of avian survey techniques.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience in related fieldwork.
* Ability to record accurate field notes.
* Ability to use digital tablet for GPS navigation and recording of field data.
* Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in inclement weather conditions. Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day, often in rugged terrain. May have to carry equipment and/or supplies, weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Ability to drive a 4wd vehicle and ATV on rugged, backcountry roads.
* Ability to take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to assure tasks are completed in the most effective manner.
* Flexibility and willingness to learn company procedures, and ability to try new, improved techniques.
* Ability to work as member of a team and individually to make decisions and complete tasks in the most effective manner.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.