Vernadero Group, Inc. is seeking three (3) avian biologists to conduct broadcast surveys for Cooper’s hawk, sharp-shinned hawk, and northern goshawk in southwest Colorado.
Surveys will be conducted ASAP, the last week of May, or first week of June for approximately seven (7) days, and again in mid-June (for another 7-day period). Surveys will involve long days (10 + hour days) and hiking over rough terrain to predetermined broadcast call locations. If a species’ response is heard, the biologist will conduct a nest search within a 200-meter area.
Data will be collected on paper datasheets and electronically using an app on a personal smartphone or tablet.
Because of the remoteness of survey locations, biologists will likely camp for each seven-day period.
$450/day, plus $75 daily per diem, and any mileage (at the current government rate) accrued during surveying activities
Qualifications and Experience:
· Prior avian survey and nest searching experience
· Experience identifying avian species by call
· Demonstrated experience conducting independent data collection in the field
· Experience conducting raptor broadcast surveys, specifically for the target species, is preferred
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working long days in the field, in remote locations
· Attention to detail, and ability to collect accurate data
· Comfort with remote camping and field work
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, and utilize a personal vehicle (with 4WD/AWD) to travel to remote survey sites via dirt county roads
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and two references to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed immediately.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.