Institution: Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection, University of Lodz
Position: Post-doc researcher
Project: Immunological and immunogenetic determinants of avian sociality
Aim: Determine whether group size choice is associated with individual diversity of immune genes (toll-like receptos, TLRs) in a colonial waterbird, the common tern.
Expected duties: assistance in sample collection (bird capturing and blood sampling), laboratory work (DNA isolation, PCR, cloning, preparation of samples for Illumina), analyses of DNA sequences, statistical analyses and bioinformatics, preparation of manuscripts (in English).
- Phd degree in biology, genetics or similar obtained not earlier than 7 years prior to employment in the project (note: this period does not include periods of maternity or parental leave, or other circumstances described in the Polish National Science Centre OPUS project regulations);
- Publication record with at least one first-author paper in international recognized journals;
- Prior research experience in molecular techniques and bioinformatics will be a plus;
- Academic background in molecular biology and genetics;
- Written and spoken fluency in English, ability to prepare scientific papers in English;
- Creative and independent approach, motivation to work in research, analytical thinking;
Application deadline: 03.12.2018
Employment: Full-time contract for 24 months, 5500 PLN/month (gross)
Send your application via an e-mail to Prof. Piotr Minias (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Letter of interest;
3. List of publications;
4. Copy of PhD diploma;
Thanking all applicants for their interest, we will contact only selected candidates for an interview. In case no suitable candidates are found, we will continue collecting applications.
Please include in your application the following statement: “I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data by University of Lodz for recruitment purposes.” University of Łódź, 90-136 Lodz, Narutowicza 68, as the personal data administrator, informs that personal data of candidates for work will be processed only for the purpose of the current recruitment for the post-doc researcher position. The candidate has the right to access the data contents and correct them at any time.