Title: Website Specialist
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: Flexible/Remote; preference for Washington, DC region
Salary: Estimated at $75,000; based on experience
Submission Deadline: May 19, 2023
The mission of American Bird Conservancy (ABC) is to conserve birds and their habitats – the places birds need to thrive – across the Americas. We are a growing group of 125+ dedicated staff, located across the United States and with a network of partners from Canada to Chile. Each year, we grow in budget and staff, and we deliver more results aimed at preventing bird species extinctions and reversing declines that are reducing populations of nearly all bird groups. Our work is guided by our principles, which include a commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI).
The Web Specialist is a key member of ABC’s Marketing and Communications Division, playing a key role to raise visibility of ABC and reach, acquire and convert audiences through effective website strategy and management. reach new audiences through ABC’s websites. The Web Specialist will oversee a comprehensive redesign of ABC’s main website, abcbirds.org, bringing the site in line with ABC’s evolving branding standards, improving the user experience, and meeting web traffic, engagement and conversion goals. The position requires creativity, technical skills, and attention to detail, as well as the ability to collaborate with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
· Serve as organizational lead for ABC’s primary website (abcbirds.org), developing overall vision and annual plan including KPIs and benchmarks to increase traffic and conversions.
· Guide comprehensive redesign of abcbirds.org, working with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
· Daily management of website content, making both time-sensitive and scheduled content updates and improvements; continually seek to optimize content and assets to reach organizational goals.
· Work effectively in the Wordpress CMS ecosystem; perform backend work as needed, including HTML and CSS.
· Work with IT team and consultants to maintain and update technical aspects of site, including accessibility and security, as well as to perform site maintenance and conduct ongoing performance assessments.
· Use Google Analytics, SEMRush, and other analytics tools to regularly evaluate and report on performance.
· Monitor and report on website health, address performance concerns, and plan for future needs.
· Create and test new growth strategies (including quizzes, giveaways, widgets, modals, etc.) to increase website conversion rates, and work with tools and platforms that enhance the site and help achieve conversion goals.
· Work in EveryAction to create, update, and maintain conversion elements including donation and advocacy forms and constituent acquisition tools.
· Monitor, evaluate, report on, and improve SEO for ABC websites.
· Keep current with best practices related to websites, web marketing, and nonprofit web strategy; evaluate and recommend new approaches, practices, tools and integrations that will improve overall website performance; and reach organizational goals.
· Successfully coordinate with staff and consultants to improve user experience, align to organizational initiatives, and meet deadlines.
· Lead process to integrate satellite websites related to ABC programs into the ABC website as appropriate and advise staff on development of secondary and microsites.
· Manage all tasks and projects in a project management system.
· Oversee work of vendors and consultants as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications, public relations, or marketing from an accredited college or university and at least 3-5 years of experience in website management (portfolio or links required) or a combination of education and experience;
· Demonstrated ability in increasing organic web traffic and conversions (donations, email address acquisition, advocacy, etc.);
· Experience with user-centered design, as well as current website UI and UX best practices.
· Knowledge of accessibility standards and website security;
· Experience working with a CRM (EveryAction preferred) and integrating conversions and interactions with a website (WordPress preferred);
· Experience with and understanding of best practices, Google Analytics and SEO;
· Strong skills in verbal and written communication;
· Proficiency with editing and optimizing graphics;
· High degree of attention to detail and outstanding organization skills;
· Capacity to manage multiple projects while managing and meeting deadlines;
· Ability to thrive while working independently and within team settings;
· Flexibility and ability to work outside of normal business hours, if required;
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred; experience creating multilingual websites advantageous;
· Experience in biodiversity conservation or other nonprofit setting preferred;
· Background screening required; and
· Must be authorized to work in the US; US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
· Excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, and employer-matched retirement savings, flexible schedule, etc.
· Paid vacation days (starting at 15 days annually and increasing to 20 days after 1 year of employment), paid holidays (including both US holidays and additional ABC holidays) and sick leave.
· Lodging, meals, and transportation covered for work-related travel away from home.
· Rental vehicle or personal mileage reimbursement where applicable.
Please apply on BambooHR.
If you have difficulties, please email your cover letter and resume to HR@abcbirds.org.
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer-; ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.