Rowe Sanctuary lies in the heart of a critical spring staging area for migrating Sandhill Cranes. Located along the Platte River in southcentral Nebraska, the 1,447-acre sanctuary contains 2.5 miles of river channel, wet meadows, and some agricultural fields. Public hiking trails wind through riparian areas and along the banks of the Platte.
The Senior Coordinator, Center Operations will be responsible for the implementation of strategies that strengthen Rowe’s volunteer program and earned income revenue from sales and facilities rentals. They will conduct day-to-day work in the areas of volunteer recruitment, training and placement as well as be responsible for overall guest and phone reception, as well as, planning and execution of all aspects of a robust facilities rentals program.
**In order to be considered for this position, candidates must submit a cover letter.
- Lead and oversee Rowe’s Volunteer Program including recruitment, training and coordination of all volunteer duties.
- Manage volunteer database and signup system.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the gift shop operations including oversight of webpage.
- Ensure the Center is adequately staffed at all times utilizing staff and volunteers.
- Lead engagement of in-person visitors and phone reception.
- Establish and grow a robust facilities rental program including updating and maintaining website rental page and advertising components as well as coordinating with renters.
- Work with staff and contractors ensuring buildings and grounds associated with the Visitor Center, are maintained in a timely manner.
- Support the Center Director through coordination of logistics for Rowe Stewardship Board and committee meetings.
- Communicate meeting details, assemble, and edit meeting agendas and materials. Take and maintain board meeting minutes.
- Work with development staff, lead planning and implementation of all special events at Rowe including fundraisers, donor cultivation experiences, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation or Business Administration preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in recreational or business administration. Experience working with volunteer programs is highly desired.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to working in a collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated, dedicated to accomplishing tasks, able to take initiative and solve problems.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other key Microsoft Office and web-based products.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization preferred.
- Dedicated to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Commitment to Audubon’s overall mission of conservation of birds and other wildlife, their habitats, and environmental education.