DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE
JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant Database Administrator
SALARY: Up to $65,000
DIVISION/SITE: Headquarters, Washington DC
REPORTS TO: Controller
LAST REVISED: October 2019
The Senior Accountant performs a variety of accounting duties related to ensuring the efficient operation and the data integrity of the Organization’s cross departmental project management database. As a member of the Finance team, this role is responsible for data integrity and troubleshooting as it relates to the project management database. This role is also integral in the payroll process, ensuring accurate and timely submission of all timesheets and related grant-based projects within the organization. This position requires a high attention to detail and knowledge of data integrity best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Grant Management Database - General
· Provide support to end users on day to day database issues, troubleshoot problems, resolve issues, and improve overall system use and efficiency.
· Support end user requests for new reports, list views, and dashboards
· Manage all security roles and permissions
· Oversee integration of data into the database from the Accounting system, as well as data out of the database for loading into the payroll system
· Partner with both Human Resources and Development departments so ensure high data integrity in all records within the database
· Identify and resolve issues with the data and database as they arise
· Coordinate with database vendor for staff questions/issues requiring outside knowledge
· Lead and manage database upgrades and new features, including documentation of requirements, fit-gap analysis, system design, user acceptance testing, user training, final documentation, and related implementation and maintenance tasks.
· Review, research and recommend potential improvements to database workflows, reporting, etc.
Grants Management Database - Time and Attendance Module
· Train employees on completing timesheets and time-off requests within the database
· Serve as the primary point of contact for all timesheet and time-off request related questions
· Manage the collection of bi-weekly timesheets, including communicating with staff to obtain missing timesheets and missing timesheet approvals
· Review all approved timesheets for accuracy, work with employees for corrections as necessary
· Download timesheet information for integration with ADP
Grants Management Database – Project Management Module
· Serve as the primary point of contact to grant managers for project management module questions
· Establish new sub-accounts within the database as new restricted grants are received
· Reconcile grant data between database and the accounting system ensuring absolute integrity of the data within the database
· Collaborate closely with the Senior Accountant working with grant managers to manage the spending on all restricted grants over the life of the grant
· Work on other duties and special projects as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a substitute.
3+ years accounting experience
· Familiarity and experience utilizing database integration and/or data integrity best practices
· Excellent understanding of business processes and workflows
· Ability to clearly document system requirements, designs, workflows, test plans, training materials, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
· NetSuite OpenAir or similar project management database experience a plus
· Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
· Well-organized with the ability to work independently
· Keen attention to detail and accuracy
General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please apply with a cover letter through our indeed jobs portal at http://www.defenders.org/jobs
Defenders of Wildlife is a national, non-profit membership organization dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their natural communities. Our employees work in an environment that is inclusive and honors each of our unique perspectives and backgrounds. We believe that the conservation of biological diversity is best advanced by the contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and cultures. We strive toward a collective goal of including all people in the conservation of our Nation’s wildlife and wild places.
Visit Our Values and Diversity page to learn more about who we are and how we operate.
It is the policy of Defenders of Wildlife to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.