Ducks Unlimited is seeking an accomplished and motivated scientist with a strong background in wildlife ecology to help provide science support for its conservation efforts in the seven-state, Great Plains Region starting no later than April 1, 2020. The position will be stationed in the Great Plains Regional Office in Bismarck, North Dakota.
- Duties for this position will focus on but not be limited to:
- Providing support for an ongoing undergraduate research internship program in North Dakota and expanding the program into other areas of the seven-state region.
- Conducting and using multidisciplinary research to support development of conservation management approaches accounting for socioeconomic, ecological, and biophysical interaction.
- Improving knowledge of fundamental biological, social, and economic processes and their interactions with wetlands and waterfowl.
- Assisting in ongoing research projects in the region.
- Developing grant proposals to fund science efforts.
- Publishing and presenting research results in diverse forums including peer-reviewed journals and professional meetings.
- M.S. degree in Waterfowl Ecology, Fisheries and Wildlife, Environmental Science or a related field.
- Five+ years of combined graduate education and research experience in fisheries and wildlife, biology, ecology, wildlife human dimensions or a closely related area.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with stakeholders and outside partners.
- Ability to successfully mentor students in applied science.
- Agreeable to occasional flexible daytime hours and occasional day/overnight travel.
A background check and drug screen are required. Must have clean driving record, and a valid driver's license.
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=398123&source=CC2&lang=en_US and attach a letter of interest, resume and daytime contact information (email & phone numbers) for three professional references; and submit. Application deadline is January 8, 2020. For more information regarding this position or to request application materials, please contact Kaylan Kemink at (701) 355-3500 or email@example.com.