We are seeking a scientist to conduct research concerning environmental contamination effects on wildlife populations, as a member of the wildlife toxicology team. This team is within the U.S. Geological Survey’s Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center (UMESC) Ecological Sciences Branch. The mission of UMESC is to support Department of the Interior’s biological resources science needs in the upper Midwest. UMESC also coordinates its research with other USGS Science Centers, other Federal and state agencies, universities, and non-governmental organizations to broadly address ecological and societal issues of concern throughout the Nation's heartland. For more information about the UMESC, please visit https://www.usgs.gov/centers/umesc.
Location: UMESC, La Crosse, Wisconsin
Salary: GS-12: $76,721 (step 1) to $99,741 (step 10)
GS-13: $91,231 (step 1) to $118,603 (step 10)
GS-14: $107,807 (step 1) to $140,146 (step 10)
- Design and conduct research on questions contaminant effects on wildlife populations and environments, with emphasis on developing new information to meet the needs of resource managers.
- Develop new methodologies and improved understanding of both wildlife and hazardous chemical management with the primary focus to better understand contaminant effects on migratory birds and other wildlife as a factor limiting populations and ecosystem level impacts within their habitats.
- Prepare scientific proposals, author peer-reviewed journal articles, and present research findings at scientific meetings.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other professional in conducting research projects.
- For more information about wildlife ecology research at UMESC, please visit https://www.usgs.gov/centers/umesc/science/wildlife-toxicology
How to apply: Please visit USA Jobs website at
Open to Public: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574582000
Merit Promotion: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574582300
Opening and closing dates: 7/27/20 to 8/27/20
*THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER*