The Program Coordinator works alongside the Director of Education to plan, implement and grow NJ Audubon’s (NJA) educational programming in the areas of school sustainability, schoolyard habitat/Garden for Wildlife, climate change education and S.T.E.A.M (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) concepts and skills. . This position will have responsibility planning and conducting youth-based programs, teacher professional development and some curriculum development. This person will help oversee seasonal interns, help plan and conduct events and symposiums and contribute to robust social media campaigns.
· Assist with programs, grants and grant deliverables related to climate education, schoolyard habitat and school sustainability, including the Eco-Schools USA in NJ program.
· Lead youth-based programs related to sustainability, ecology and climate change.
· Assist with teacher professional development training on sustainability and climate change with a focus on STEAM concepts and skills.
· Plan and conduct special events, symposiums and workshops related to student learning around climate education and sustainability.
· Assist in the training and supervision of statewide internships.
· Assist in social media/web-based campaigns.
· Participate in local, regional, and national event venues to extend NJA’s outreach to a broader educational audience.
· Work collaboratively with NJA departments and education staff to support climate education projects and other statewide programming initiatives including DEIJ (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice).
· Prepare written reports, proposals and plans as required.
· Attend center, department and NJ Audubon meetings and serve on committees as requested by supervisor.
· Obtain and maintain certification for First Aid, CPR, and other public safety certifications appropriate for the position's activities.
· Participate with sanctuary staff to adopt a “team” approach towards daily operations at the assigned center.
· Strive to increase NJA membership.
· Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
· Bachelor’s Degree in education, environmental education, or other related field, classroom experience a plus.
· Minimum two years relevant experience working with youth and teachers in sustainability and climate education.
· Excellent Computer Skills - Microsoft Office and TEAMS, including experience with program registration software, online video conference and social media platforms.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent organizational, time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to relate to and motivate a diverse range of people, exercise cultural competence and inclusion, and accept direction and constructive feedback.
· Motivated self-starter able to work independently in the execution of his or her responsibilities while collaborating with other staff and organizations with the ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
· Strong professionalism and work ethic with the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
· Flexibility to adjust hours to meet deadlines and needs of the organization, including availability to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel as needed.
· Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces and lift up to 25 lbs.as needed for programs and events.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle in NJ.
Salary: $38,000 to $48,000 based on experience
Starting date: Immediate
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until filled
Qualified individuals may apply by emailing cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate job title in the subject line so that your application is routed to the correct department.
We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply. New Jersey Audubon Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.