- Provides support to interdisciplinary teams in the development of Resource Management Plans, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and Categorical Exclusions.
- Reviews environmental assessment documents prepared in the District/Field Office to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assists team leaders in determining level of detail, scope of analysis, and checks quality of the documents being produced. Ensures the analysis is clear and consistent and makes corrections as needed.
- Works with team leads, senior specialists and Field and District Office managers and supervisors to prepare and monitor time schedules for District/Field Office planning efforts.
- Works closely with the District/Field Office Public Affairs Officer, project leads and managers to ensure land use planning efforts are well coordinated with State, local, and Federal agencies.
- Provides training and guidance on data input and interpretation, quality control, and administrative record management of district/field level plans.
- Responsible for preparation and monitoring of the District/Field office land use and annual work plans.
- Serves as Contracting Officer's Representative in matters of contracting out work related to resource management plans, environmental impact statements, and related documents.