About the job
The incumbent will serve as a technical consultant regarding management of fish and wildlife, endangered species (Section 7), along with other natural resources that may affect naval operations, facilities planning, design and construction. This position is open to qualified Biologists, Ecologists, and Environmental Scientists with education and experience in appropriate disciplines. This position is for Natural Resources professionals only.
Do not submit resumes to Ornithology Exchange:
Apply via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/natural-resources-specialist-at-naval-facilities-engineering-systems-command-navfac-3602421108/ All applications submitted on LinkedIn will be forwarded to the Navy Conservation Supervisor in charge of hiring for this position.
- Plans, schedules, budgets, and coordinates environmental programs to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental laws pertaining to sensitive plants and wildlife, and their habitats;
- Serves as the point of contact for assigned programs and utilizes best available science to inform and advise management;
- Reviews military activities and contractor project proposals conducting site visits to ensure regulatory compliance and timely coordination with regulatory agencies;
- Serves as a subject matter expert on sensitive plants, wildlife and their habitats;
- Serves as a subject matter expert on interpreting Navy policies, USFWS biological opinions, memorandums of understanding, candidate conservation agreements, and permits that regulate sensitive plants, wildlife, and their habitats ensuring U.S. Navy performs necessary actions for compliance;
- Initiates and participates in consultations with the United State Fish and Wildlife Service and other regulatory agencies regarding endangered species and other natural resources issues;
- Conducts verbal and written outreach and training regarding environmental issues and compliance to tenant commands, leadership, and other stakeholders.
Must Have experience:
The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience with a multitude of environmental regulations including, but not limited to Sikes Act, Endangered Species Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and National Environmental Policy Act; has excellent written and oral communication skills and is highly knowledgeable about natural resources and ecological processes.
Bachelor's Degree Wildlife Biology, Botany, Ecology, Zoology, Environmental Science, Range Management, Natural Resources Management, or related disciplines appropriate to the position
*Master's degree preferred but not required
**Recruitment or relocation incentive
***Telework eligible: Partial telework may be available, subject to needs of the mission. Remote (100%) telework is not available for this position.
- The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program offers the widest selection of health plans in the country! We also offer extensive options for Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental, Vision, Long Term Care, and Life Insurance.
- We offer an outstanding three-part Retirement Program encompassing our Federal Employees Retirement System, Thrift Savings Plan – a 401(k) type plan with employer contributions up to 5%, and Social Security benefits.
- Additional benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, alternate work schedules, transportations subsidies, and telework for eligible positions.
- Serve your nation and support America’s warfighter! Apply today!
FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- US Citizen aged 18 or older at time of hire
- Males registered or exempt from Selective Service www.sss.gov
- Determined suitable for federal employment (process includes a background check and fingerprinting)
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will need to pass the E-Verify employment verification check
For more information contact Dr. Melanie Colón at email@example.com. DO not submit resumes to this email address.
Apply via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/natural-resources-specialist-at-naval-facilities-engineering-systems-command-navfac-3602421108/
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.