American Bird Conservancy
Title: Information Technology (IT) Technician
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
Location: Flexible; preference for Washington, DC; Northern VA
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy (ABC). American Bird Conservancy is a fast-growing, results-focused wildlife conservation non-profit seeking employees with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to make a difference for birds throughout the Americas. ABC takes on the greatest problems facing birds today, innovating and building on rapid advancements in science to halt extinctions, protect habitats, eliminate threats, and build capacity for bird conservation.
We seek an IT Technician to install and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability. Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware, a variety of internet applications, networks (VMware) and operating systems, cloud storage and data bases. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail, and be able to provide training about safe use to ABC staff.
· Set up Laptops & workstations and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.).
· Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse’s, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
· Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
· Maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
· Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
· Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
· Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.).
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
· Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
· Troubleshoots, and repairs malfunctions in existing network to ensure minimal user impact from equipment failures; monitors networks; troubleshoots tier two network performance for the purpose of providing exceptional customer service.
· Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position.
· Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
· Excellent communication ability.
· Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
· More than basic understanding of telephone systems. Experience with VoIP systems.
· Ability to work patiently, constructively, and collaboratively with others, and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
· In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
· Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
· Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field.
· Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
· Must be authorized to work in the US.
Background screening required.
Benefits include medical, medical flex, and 403(b) plan.
Paid vacation days (15), holidays (10+), and sick leave.
Please apply online at BambooHR: Apply Now
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.