We are looking for a highly motivated laboratory technician to integrate our Conservation Genetics team at RENECO. Our work involves the use of genetics in captive-breeding programmes and contributing to the conservation of wildlife.
The successful candidate will have a BTEC or bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience. She/he will participate to the management of the molecular laboratory (see duties below) and contribute to ongoing research projects to support RENECO's diverse conservation efforts.
Duties will include:
- To apply, follow and monitor compliance of the laboratory procedures
- To ensure the progression of laboratory experiments and contribute to the development of new analytical methods
- To organise and manage the infrastructure, equipment, supplies and inventories
- To develop routine procedures and guidelines to guarantee consistencies of the experiments and the accuracy of the data collected for the different projects
- To take part in research activities and activities connected to downstream genetic analyses
- To mentor routine molecular biology activities in the laboratory
Essential qualifications/skills include:
- BTEC or bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, or related fields
- Excellent understanding of best laboratory practices in molecular biology
- DNA/RNA isolation and management of a DNA storage system
- PCR, qPCR and rt-qPCR preparation and troubleshooting
- Experience with Sanger and/or Next-Generation sequencing (including library preparation)
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple assignments with overlapping deadlines
- Willingness to learn and attention to detail are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
This is a full-time permanent position located in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates). The position is expected to start immediately. Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested candidate can apply/inquire at HR-Sourcing@reneco-hq.org with a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a one-page CV, a cover letter describing your experience and interest in the position, and the names and contact information for at least two references.
Information on RENECO research activities can be found at: https://www.researchgate.net/institution/Reneco_International_Wildlife_Consultants