Sarkis Acopian Director of Conservation Science
Hawk Mountain Sanctuary Association
Hawk Mountain Sanctuary is the world’s first refuge for birds of prey and an international center for raptor conservation. Its mission is to conserve birds of prey worldwide by providing leadership in raptor conservation science and education, and by maintaining Hawk Mountain Sanctuary as model observation, research, and education facility.
Director of Conservation Science
Hawk Mountain, the oldest and largest, member-supported raptor conservation organization in the world, seeks a dynamic individual with experience in raptor science or ecology to lead its conservation science department and grow its global raptor conservation mission.
- Manage the science team and organizational collaborations, research facilities, scientific research and training programs, and budget.
- Guide strategic planning, growth, and fundraising.
- Collaborate with diverse individuals and groups to foster new projects, mentor up-and-coming raptor biologists, and grow raptor research globally.
- Serve as the lead scientific spokesperson for the Sanctuary and represent conservation science at international meetings and symposia.
- Doctorate in zoology or related field.
- Ten years of progressive management and research experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in leadership and mentorship.
- Understanding of and passion for the Hawk Mountain mission.
- Demonstrated fundraising success.
Learn more at www.hawkmountain.org/careers.
Cover letter and resume to Shelley Davenport, subject line “Director of Conservation Science,” at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting closes October 31, 2018
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.