Title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Director of Digital Communication
Location: Flexible/Remote; preference for Washington, DC region
Salary: Estimated at $85,000; based on experience
Submission Deadline: May 19, 2023
The mission of American Bird Conservancy (ABC) is to conserve birds and their habitats – the places birds need to thrive – across the Americas. We are a growing group of 125+ dedicated staff, located across the United States and with a network of partners from Canada to Chile. Each year, we grow in budget and staff, and we deliver more results aimed at preventing bird species extinctions and reversing declines that are reducing populations of nearly all bird groups. Our work is guided by our principles, which include a commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI).
ABC is looking for a creative, team-oriented, data-driven Digital Marketing Specialist to join our Communications and Marketing team and help increase support and expand awareness for ABC. This position will help develop and implement ABC’s digital marketing strategy with a strong focus on email marketing, digital advertising, and online advocacy and fundraising to grow our online community, deepen overall engagement, and increase financial support. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong background in online marketing, acquisition, and fundraising strategy, and technical knowledge of and experience with applying best practices that help achieve revenue goals.
- Manage and grow ABC email marketing program, including:
- working with stakeholders to develop and implement overall email marketing strategy, including engagement and conversion-oriented emails
- writing emails that get results (e.g., donations, petition signatures, webinar and event invitations, clicks, interactions)
- instituting and maintaining current best practices for email list management, including engagement, segmentation, deliverability, and hygiene
- develop KPIs; regularly report on and analyze performance
- improve email performance; develop and execute regular testing
- developing organic and paid lead generation strategies
- Manage and grow ABC’s digital advertising program, including:
- Search engine marketing (e.g. Google, Microsoft)
- Social media advertising (e.g. Meta, YouTube)
- Programmatic advertising and DSPs (e.g. StackAdapt)
- Acquisition partners (e.g. Care2)
- develop KPIs; regularly report on and analyze performance
- Evaluate and propose alternative/additional advertising platforms
- Grow, steward, and convert ABC’s online audience through:
- designing, building, testing and iterating online advocacy and donation forms and other online acquisition and conversion tools
- writing effective marketing content for online channels (e.g. email, advertising, web, social media)
- designing and building engagement and interaction opportunities that deepen constituents’ understanding of ABC’s mission and impact
- monitoring, reporting and analyzing performance and recommending next steps
- Collaborate with consulting agencies and vendors; monitor and review their work and performance in consultation with the Director of Marketing
- Manage all tasks and projects in a project management system
- 3-5 years proven work experience and demonstrated success as a nonprofit email marketing or digital marketing/advertising specialist or manager;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications, or marketing from an accredited college or university and at least 3-5 years of experience and demonstrated success as a nonprofit email marketing or digital marketing/advertising specialist or manager, or a combination of education and experience;
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing platforms/eCRMs (EveryAction strongly preferred);
- Advanced experience with HTML, CSS, and marketing automation;
- Advertising experience with major platforms (Facebook, Google, StackAdapt or similar DSP, etc.);
- Experience with analytics and reporting tools (Google Analytics, Google Data/Looker Studio);
- Strong understanding of nonprofit online marketing and fundraising, including growing and converting an active and engaged email list, developing compelling content, and designing effective engagement and conversion opportunities;
- Demonstrated understanding of ongoing stewardship techniques for correspondence with members, donors, supporters, and the public;
- Strong strategic thinking and data analysis skills;
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills, including proven ability to craft engaging emails, ad copy, and fundraising and advocacy journeys;
- Strong project management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines with multiple stakeholders;
- Agency experience a plus; Experience in biodiversity conservation or other nonprofit setting preferred;
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language proficiency a plus;
- Background screening required; and
- Must be authorized to work in the US; US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, and employer-matched retirement savings, flexible schedule, etc.
- Paid vacation days (starting at 15 days annually and increasing to 20 days after 1 year of employment), paid holidays (including both US holidays and additional ABC holidays) and sick leave.
- Lodging, meals, and transportation covered for work-related travel away from home.
- Rental vehicle or personal mileage reimbursement where applicable.
Please apply on BambooHR
Be sure to submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 published writing samples and/or portfolio (including emails, advocacy alerts, web pieces or other online marketed related content).
If you have difficulties, please email your cover letter and resume to HR@abcbirds.org.
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer; ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.