DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE
JOB TITLE: Integrated Marketing Coordinator
SALARY: Up to $45,000
DIVISION/SITE: Headquarters, Washington DC
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Constituent Development
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Integrated Marketing
LAST REVISED: November 2019
The Integrated Marketing Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day support for Defenders’ Integrated Marketing department including fundraising (direct mail, telemarketing, online), operations and cause marketing campaigns. Responsibilities will include media management, copy editing, production support, social media support and schedule management. The Coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing Defenders’ workplace giving campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee Defenders’ workplace giving campaigns including vendor management; processing matching gift requests; completing workplace giving applications by deadline; coordinating advertising; representing Defenders at workplace giving fairs; ensuring that Defenders meets its annual requirement for participation.
Support Defenders’ cause marketing partnerships through both online and offline promotions. Process, track and update license agreements under the supervision of legal counsel and VP; research and analyze potential partner opportunities.
Support our video efforts including ownership over campaigns such as #TrailCamTuesday; develop engaging posts that utilize inhouse images; deliver these assets to the social media team for distribution. Also support the team in identifying potential influencer partners for cross-promotion and awareness campaigns.
Serve as a resource for our social media team to monitor constituent feedback; provide standard responses and elevate any commentary that requires a deeper response.
Provide proofreading services for copy and campaign artwork; serve as back-up for routing the copy through a series of in-house reviewers; provide modest writing support in coordination with the teams.
Collect and organize in-house creative resources from across departments, including photography, b-roll film and research materials.
· Serve as a backup in processing departmental invoices; coordinate with the team to compile and submit month-end reports.
· Manage day-to-day correspondence on behalf of the department; maintain knowledge of department staff travel and schedules.
· Maintain files and office systems and follow all other administrative procedures.
· As needed, proofread draft reports, presentations and other publications for content, as well as coordinate any necessary printing, graphics and production.
· Coordinate scheduling, location, and the distribution of relevant materials and room or A/V set-up for select meetings, as needed.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s (B.A. or B.S.) degree or equivalent in related discipline
2+ years of experience in related administrative, accounting or marketing work preferred.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
· Strong aptitude and skills using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
· Strong writing and proofreading skills. A writing sample will be required.
· This position involves a significant amount of invoice processing, budgeting, expense tracking and report coordination. A working understanding of these tasks and the ability to perform them is required. Training in or experience with these tasks is preferred.
· Demonstrated familiarity with social media video and photo editing;
· Ability to take ownership of a project and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues and see projects through to completion
· Ability to identify processes in need of creation or improvement and to build efficient processes to handle complex projects
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to multitask and successfully juggle multiple projects with competing priorities
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with both senior management and support staff; in house staff and outsourced vendor partners
General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and printer, navigate the building, and communicate with others while doing so.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please apply with a cover letter through our indeed jobs portal at http://www.defenders.org/jobs
Defenders of Wildlife is a national, non-profit membership organization dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their natural communities. Our employees work in an environment that is inclusive and honors each of our unique perspectives and backgrounds. We believe that the conservation of biological diversity is best advanced by the contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and cultures. We strive toward a collective goal of including all people in the conservation of our Nation’s wildlife and wild places.
Visit Our Values and Diversity page to learn more about who we are and how we operate.
It is the policy of Defenders of Wildlife to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.