The Raptor Education Group, Inc (REGI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the care and rehabilitation of injured and orphaned native bird species and public education on wildlife and conservation issues. REGI provides medical treatment, food, housing, and professional care to assure release back into the wild for 600-800+ birds annually. REGI conducts over 200 education programs with live birds of prey annually.
REGI is seeking an energetic and dynamic person for a position as Wildlife Educator. The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills, previous teaching experience, interact well with children as well as adults, and have a strong interest and knowledge in avian conservation.
This position is the core of the education department. The Wildlife Educator will be responsible for program coordination, invoicing, and presentations to youth and adults in a variety of situations; newsletter formatting; handling and training of educational raptors; training and supervising interns on a variety of tasks, and assistance in upkeep of educational raptors.
This is a full-time, permanent educator position located at our facility in Antigo, WI. Hours are typically 8am-4pm Monday through Friday, but will include evenings and weekends depending on program schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, environmental education, wildlife, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated skill in developing, implementing, managing, and teaching educational programs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be comfortable driving a van.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible, organized and self-driven
- Bird handling experience and knowledge of captive birds.
- Advanced knowledge of avian natural history and conservation
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office programs
- Grant writing experience or training
Please submit application materials to:
Marge Gibson, Executive Director
Subject: Wildlife Educator Position
COVER LETTER, RESUME, & CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THREE (3) PROFESSIONAL WORK REFERENCES, including at least one person who has been your immediate supervisor. For each reference, please indicate the nature of your professional relationship and include the person’s title, e-mail address and telephone number.
APPLICATION DUE DATE:
January 6th, 2020
Start date flexible but needs to be before February 15th, 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Katie Ibsen, Wildlife Educator
Check us out on Facebook